Code of conduct
The InterChall conference aims to provide an enriching and harassment-free scientific experience for all attendees. Those attending, exhibiting, sponsoring, or volunteering at InterChall must agree to this code of conduct. The organizing committee will enforce these rules throughout the event. We expect cooperation to ensure a safe environment for everyone during the talks, poster sessions, and social events.
- Harassment is defined as offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity or religion, sexual imagery in public spaces, intimidation, stalking, following, sustained disruption of conversations or other events, inappropriate physical contact and unwanted sexual attention.
- Sexual language and images are not appropriate at any event venue, including talks, workshops, breaks, visits, parties, social networking, and other online media.
- Participants urged to stop any abusive behavior are expected to comply immediately. If any person engages in abusive behavior, the InterChall organizing committee will take any action it deems appropriate, from a verbal warning to expulsion from congress without a refund of the registration fee.
- If you are being harassed or perceive that someone is being subjected to inappropriate behavior, please contact the organizing committee immediately.
- The organizing committee will be willing to contact local authorities, provide escorts or assist in any way possible to make people who are being harassed feel safe during the congress. We value your attendance.